Effective Date: March 4, 2019
- How and why we collect your Personal Information;
- How your Personal Information is used and protected;
- When and with whom we share your Personal Information; and
- What choices you can make about how we collect, use, and share your Personal Information.
- How we store, use, transfer, and retain your Personal Information.
We collect your Personal Information for various purposes, such as, but not limited to, corresponding with you, informing you about your account, security updates and product information, processing your application, providing you with services, processing your order, providing you with a subscription, or other purposes.
We may combine the information we collect from you with information obtained from other sources to help us improve its overall accuracy and completeness, and to help us improve our business and better tailor our interactions with you.
In addition, we may also collect information relating to your use of our Websites through the use of various technologies, including cookies.
- To create a user account.
- To fulfill your requests by us or by others involved in fulfillment.
- To contact you for customer satisfaction surveys, market research or in connection with certain transactions.
- To support products or services you have obtained from us.
- To share with our service providers who provide services to us in support of our business.
- To personalize your experience while you are on our Websites, make navigation easier, and for Website usage statistics.
When we collect information from you, you may tell us that you do not want it used for further marketing contact.
You may also turn off cookies in your browser.
You can view, edit, or delete your Personal Information online or contact us to do so.
You can also opt out from receiving certain communications from us by visiting https://www.gocadmium.com/data-request-form .
- In email, text and other electronic messages between you and us.
- When and where available, through mobile and desktop applications, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and us
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
- We may also collect Personal Information from you through means other than our Website.
We gather various types of Personal Information from our users, as explained in more detail below, and we use this Personal Information internally in connection with our Services, including to personalize and improve our services, to allow you to set up a user account and profile, to contact you and allow other users to contact you, to fulfill your requests for certain products and services, to provide and improve the Services, and to analyze how you use the Services. In certain cases, we may also share some Personal Information with third parties, but only as described below.
We are not responsible for the practices of sites linked to from the Services, and before interacting with any of these sites you are advised to review their rules and policies before providing them with any private information.
Individuals under the Age of 13
As noted in the Terms, we do not knowingly collect, solicit or maintain Personal Information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register for our Services. If you are under 13, please do not send any Personal Information about yourself (such as your name, address, telephone number, or email address) to us. No one under age 13 is allowed to provide any Personal Information to or on the Services. In the event that we learn that we have collected Personal Information from a child under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to delete that information from our database. Please contact us if you have any concerns.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users, including Personal Information that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as, time and date of visits to our Website, etc., and/or, about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us. When you sign up for the Services, you provide us with information such as your name and email address. We may also collect information from your public social media accounts.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us.
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to or purchasing our services, posting material (where permitted) or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Your search queries on the Website.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including, but not limited to, traffic data, geolocation data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, browser type, clickstream patterns, the URL of the most recent website you visited before coming to our Website, the amount of time you spent on our Website, and the pages you viewed while on our Website.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and may include Personal Information, but we may maintain it or associate it with Personal Information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including, but not limited to, by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize and improve our Website.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include cookies, flash cookies, web beacons, pixel tracking, GIF and/or IP address. Each of these is discussed below.
Cookies (or browser cookies)
- A cookie is a small file placed on the hard drive of your computer or mobile device. It may contain certain data, including, but not limited to: the name of the server that has placed it there, an identifier in the form of a unique number, and, an expiration date (some cookies only). Cookies are managed by the web browser on your computer (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari or Google Chrome).
- Different types of cookies which have different purposes are used on our Website.
- These cookies are essential to allow you to browse our Website and use its functions. Without them, services such as shopping baskets and electronic invoicing would not be able to work.
- These cookies collect information on the use of our Website, such as which pages are consulted most often. This information enable us to optimize our Website and simplify browsing. Performance cookies also enable our affiliates and partners to find out whether you have accessed one of our websites from their site and whether your visit has led to the use or purchase of a product or service from our Website, including the references for the product or service purchased. These cookies do not collect any information which could be used to identify you. All the information collected is aggregated, and therefore anonymous.
- These cookies enable our Website to remember the choices you have made when browsing. For example, we can store your geographical location in a cookie so that the Website corresponding to your area is shown. We can also remember your preferences, such as the text size, font and other customizable aspects of the Website. Functionality cookies may also be able to keep track of the products or videos consulted to avoid repetition. The information collected by these cookies cannot be used to identify you and cannot monitor your browsing activity on sites which do not belong to us.
- It is possible that you will comes across third-party cookies on some pages of sites that are not under our control.
- The following table describes the types of cookies we use:
|Session||Stored only Temporarily during a browsing session||Deleted from the user’s device when the browser is closed|
|Persistent||This type of cookie is saved on your computer for a fixed period (usually a year or longer) and is not deleted when the browser is closed. Persistent cookies are used where we need to know who you are for more than one browsing session. For example, we use this type of cookie to store your preferences, so that they are remembered for the next visit.||Up to 6 months|
|Third Party||These are installed by third parties with the aim of collecting certain information to carry out various research into behavior, demographics, site usage etc., such as Salesforce Pardot and Sumo.||Up to 13 months|
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
- Pixel Tracking . In addition to using Cookies, the Website may employ “pixel tracking”, a common process which may be used in connection with advertisements on other sites. Pixel tracking involves the use of pixel tags that are not visible to the user and consist of a few lines of computer code. Pixel tracking measures the effectiveness of advertisements and compiles aggregate and specific usage statistics. A “pixel tag” is an invisible tag placed on certain pages of websites that is used to track an individual user’s activity. We may access these pixel tags to identify activity and interests that may allow us to better match our goods, services, and other offers with your interests and needs. For example, if you visit our Website from an advertisement on another website, the pixel tag will allow the advertiser to track that its advertisement brought you to the Website. If you visit our Website, and we link you to another website, we may also be able to determine that you were sent to and/or transacted with a third-party website. This data is collected for use in our marketing and research.
- GIF. We may use tiny images known as clear GIFs to track behavior of users, including statistics on who opens our emails.
- IP Address. Our servers automatically record certain log file information reported from your browser when you access the Services. These server logs may include information such as which pages of the Service you visited, your internet protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, and other information on how you interact with the Services. These log files are generally deleted after one week.
We may post content on our Website that you have posted at other websites, e.g., Google (“User Content”). You agree to and do hereby grant us a royalty-free, sublicensable, transferable, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, and worldwide right to Use, modify, and perform any User Content we post to our Website. The term “Use” includes, but is not limited to, use, reproduce, modify, publish, list information regarding, edit, translate, distribute, publicly display, publicly perform, and make derivative works of the content.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
We also use Google Maps, which may, among other things, request access to your geolocation.
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt-out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add-on.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information on products or services that you request from us.
- To provide you with services or process transactions that you have requested.
- To provide you with notices about your account.
- To communicate with you.
- To respond to your questions or other requests.
- To contact you with regard to this Website.
- To process any applications, changes to your account information, or process payments from you.
- To process other information or Personal Information that you submit through the Website.
- To conduct user surveys.
- To ask for ratings and reviews of our Website, services, and/or products.
- To contact you regarding a sweepstakes, contest or promotion in which you have participated.
- To notify you about changes to our Website, our policies, terms or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- To provide access to restricted parts of our Website.
- To request your participation in surveys, focus groups, or other initiatives which help us to gather information used to develop and enhance our products and services.
- To determine eligibility for membership, credentials, designations, or volunteer opportunities
- To evaluate your performance on continued learning courses and assist you in tracking of your progress.
- For examination scheduling, administration, and registration purposes.
- To serve relevant advertisements to you when you visit our Websites or other third-party sites (including social media platforms).
- To enhance and improve our products and services, for example, by performing internal research, analyzing user trends, and measuring demographics and interests.
- Internal purposes, such as website and system administration or internal audits and reviews.
- To comply with applicable law(s) (for example, to comply with a search warrant, subpoena, or court order) or to carry out professional ethics/conduct investigations.
- For analyzing how the Service is used, diagnosing service or technical problems, maintaining security, and personalizing content.
- To operate, maintain, and provide you with the features and functionality of the Service.
- To provide statistics about the usage levels of the Website and other related information to reputable third parties, but these statistics will not include information that will allow you to be identified.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- In any other way, we may describe when you provide the information.
We may also use your Personal Information to contact you about our own and third parties goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please check the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data.
We may use the Personal Information you provide to us and which we obtain from other sources to better understand your interests so we can try to predict what other products, services, and information you might be most interested in. This practice is called “profiling”, which involves making automated decisions about you based on this information in order to better enable us to tailor our interactions with you to make them more relevant and interesting. You may object to such profiling at any time by contacting us (see Contact Information/User Rights below).
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your Personal Information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Social Media Plugins
We integrate social media application program interfaces or plug-ins (Plug-ins) from social networks, including Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, Xing, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, Pinterest, and/or possibly other companies, into the Website. In order to register as a user with us, you may have the option to sign in using your Facebook or other social media site (SMS) login.
For example, when you visit our Website or platform, the plugin creates a direct connection between your browser and the Facebook server. This allows Facebook to receive information about your visit to our Website or platform with your IP address. If you click the Facebook “Like” button while you are logged on to your Facebook account, you can link the contents of our Website or platform to your Facebook profile. This allows Facebook to assign your visit to our Website or platform to your user account. Please note that as providers of the Website or platform, we receive no notification about the contents of the transmitted data or their use by Facebook. If you do not want Facebook to assign your visit to our Website or platform to your Facebook user account, please log out of your Facebook user account.
How We Share Your Information
We will never rent or sell your Personal Information to third parties, other than as noted below under the section “Disclosure/Assignment of Your Personal Information”. We may share your Personal Information with third parties for the purpose of providing or improving the Services to you. If we do this, such third parties' use of your Personal Information will be bound by obligations of confidentiality.
Events. From time to time, we may run contests, special offers, or other events or activities (“Events”) on the Service together with a third-party partner. If you provide information to such third parties, you give them permission to use it for the purpose of that Event and any other use to which you consent. We cannot control third parties' use of your information. If you do not want your information to be collected by or shared with a third party, you can choose not to participate in these Events.
- Hosting providers for the secure storage and transmission of your data
- Learning technology and online event providers for the delivery and improvement of web events and learning programs and the tracking of your progress
- Digital credential providers for the delivery of digital badges earned through your participation in learning programs
- Examination providers for the scheduling and delivery of credential and designation examinations
- Identity management providers for authentication purposes
- Database software providers for the management and tracking of your data
- Legal and compliance consultants, such as external counsel, external auditors, or tax consultants
- Marketing providers who send communications on our behalf regarding our products and services
- Payment solution providers for the secure processing of payments you provide to us
- Publishers and learning providers who develop products on our behalf
- Technology providers who assist in the development and management of our Website properties
- Outbound call center providers, who may perform outreach on our behalf regarding our products and services
- Fulfillment and postal vendors for the fulfillment of our products and services
- Our volunteers or committee members who perform various functions on our behalf
- Survey and research providers who perform studies on our behalf
- Advertising partners, including social media providers, for the delivery of targeted advertisements
De-Identified Personal Information: We may share De-Identified Personal Information (such as anonymous usage data, referring/exit pages and URLs, IP address, platform types, number of clicks, etc.) with interested third parties to help them understand the usage patterns for certain Services.
Disclosure/Assignment of Your Personal Information: Your Consent
You consent to our disclosure of your Personal Information and other information to a potential buyer or other successors for the purpose of considering a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by us about our Website users is among the assets transferred. You agree to and do hereby consent to our assignment, conveyance, or transfer (whether by contract, merger or operation of law) of rights to your Personal Information and other information, with or without notice to you and without your further consent.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
- Your Personal Information is contained behind secured networks and a firewall and is only accessible by a limited number of persons and service providers who have special access rights to such systems and are required to keep the information confidential.
- In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and currently is processed by Braintree (though we may change processors at any time and without notice).
- Any payment transactions will be performed using our third-party payment processors or gateways, which will use appropriate security procedures designed to protect your information.
- Our Website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our Website safer.
- We may store, retrieve, access, and transmit your Personal Information in the US or in other countries.
The safety and security of your information also depend on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of the Website or Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. You should not share your password with anyone. You must prevent unauthorized access to your account and Personal Information by selecting and protecting your password appropriately and limiting access to your computer or device and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by other users. We’ll never email you to ask for your password or other account information. If you receive such an email, please send it to us so we can investigate.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do use security measures designed to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to us or which we obtain. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors may compromise the security of user information at any time. We are not responsible for the circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website or used with our Services.
The time periods for which we retain your Personal Information depend on the purposes for which we use it. We will keep your Personal Information for as long as your account is active, or as long as you are a registered user of our services or for as long as we have another business purpose to do so and, thereafter, for no longer than is required or permitted by law, or our records retention policy, reasonably necessary for internal reporting and reconciliation purposes, or to provide you with feedback or information you might request. This period of retention is subject to our review and alteration. The information we collect may be stored and processed in servers in the United States and wherever we and our service providers have facilities around the globe.
What You Can Access
Through your account settings, you may access, and, in some cases, edit or delete the following information you’ve provided to us:
- name and password
- email address
- other user profile information, including any content you have uploaded to the Services
The information that you can view, update, and delete may change as the Services change. If you have any questions about viewing or updating information we have on file about you, please contact us.
California Online Privacy Protection Act (“CalOPPA”)
Under California Civil Code Sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents are entitled to ask us annually for a notice identifying the categories of Personal Information which we share with our affiliates and/or third parties for marketing purposes, and providing contact information for such affiliates and/or third parties.
As required by CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
We honor Do Not Track signals and Do Not Track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Notices; Opting Out
By providing us with your email address (including by “following,” “liking,” linking your account to our Service or other services, etc., on a third-party website or network), you consent to our using the email address to send you Service-related notices, including any notices required by law, in lieu of communication by postal mail. You also agree that we may send you notifications of activity on the Service to the email address you give us, in accordance with any applicable privacy settings. We may use your email address to send you other messages or content, such as but not limited to, newsletters, additions or changes to features of the Service, or special offers. If you do not want to receive such email messages, you may opt-out by emailing us your request. Opting out may prevent you from receiving email messages regarding updates, improvements, special features, announcements, or offers. You may not opt-out of Service-related emails.
You may be able to add, update, or delete the information as explained above. When you update information, however, we may maintain a copy of the unrevised information in our records. You may request the deletion of your account by emailing us.
Additional Information for Non-US Residents
If you are located in the EEA or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from the laws in the United States, please note that we may transfer your information to a country or jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction. It may also be processing your information by staff operating outside the EEA who works for us or for one of the service providers. If required by applicable law, we will seek your explicit consent to process your Personal Information collected on our Website or volunteered by you.
Should the designation of a data privacy officer be required, our person is:
Bryan A. Scott, Data Privacy Administrator; Cadmium LLC; 19 Newport Drive, Suite 101, Forest Hill, Maryland 21050 USA; phone: 410.638.9239; email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are headquartered in the United States. As such, we and our service providers may transfer your Personal Information to, or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction. We will take steps to ensure that your Personal Information receives an adequate level of protection in the jurisdictions in which we process it. If you are located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or Switzerland, we provide adequate protection for the transfer of Personal Information to countries outside of the EEA or Switzerland through a series of intercompany agreements based on the Standard Contractual Clauses. We may also need to transfer your information to other group companies or service providers in countries outside the EEA. This may happen if our servers or suppliers and service providers are based outside the EEA, or if you use our services and products while visiting countries outside this area.
If you are a resident of country other than the United States, you acknowledge and consent to our collecting, transmitting, and storing your Personal Information out of the country in which you reside.